My right toe isn’t going as numb or numb as often as it has before – I think the bulge might be working back into place. The back and shin pain is still there all the time though. I’m only 3 treatments in, we will see where I’m at in another week or two.
I’m waiting to hear back from Dr. Pimenta, The Specialist Referral Center (Canada) and I plan on booking another appointment at Caleo to inquire about post surgical care as I get everything in order for a foreign surgery if needed.
I’ll be speaking with Mr. Boeree tomorrow to finalize my concerns regarding:
- Facets – I think mine will be fine
- Severing of the Anterior Longitudinal Ligament – does he attempt to re-attach?
- More information on the longevity/durability of the device – some people are questioning how tough it is
- Strength of the bony ingrowth to prevent subsidence and prolapse when I take up sports again
- Does he use a transperitoneal or retroperitoneal approach (the latter takes longer, but is less risky
- Will I have to take any weird precautions in the future because I have prosthetic disc? ie. Antibiotics at the dentist, infection risks, xrays, mri’s, scuba diving etc.
I’ve also contacted the VP of Product Development at ISTO Tech and have arranged for a short phone call on Friday to discuss NuQu – if and when they will ever have another trial.
For any of you out there on the cusp of needing ADR… stem cells will be where it is at. Mesoblast and ISTO Tech will revolutionize back pain treatment if they ever make it to market. Hold out for as long as you can because fusions and ADR will only be for EXTREME cases. Hell, 5 years from now, they’ll be just making you a replacement disc from your own cells!
Looking back – I can’t believe I’ve gone 8 months like this. People are a lot tougher than I thought they were! Though I can’t really bend or twist anymore, I’m finding a way to make it work. It’s not very much fun, but I am living ok and still helping out a little around the house. I could go another 8 for sure if there was a stem cell garuntee – but there isn’t and I’m worried about my facets shouldering the load.